Crash recovery/zero-byte file question

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Crash recovery/zero-byte file question
From: Josh Endries <endries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 12:36:29 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,

We have a RHEL 6.3 machine with a large XFS mount that suffered a power outage.
When it came back up, it allegedly fixed itself, but now many files are zero
bytes. I found a bug report/errata fix at RH that mentions something similar,
which might be what we ran into. We are running a kernel that should have the
fix as far as I can tell, but we definitely have zero byte files that shouldn't
be.

My question is: is there a way to restore this or fix it before going to
backups? Is it worth it to unmount and run xfs_check or similar? Unfortunately,
since the system came up and appeared to be working, some users have been using
that mount point.

Thanks,
Josh