any way to work backwards from xfs_inode_t to a filename?

To: Ben Myers <bpm@xxxxxxx>, Alex Elder <elder@xxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: any way to work backwards from xfs_inode_t to a filename?
From: Chris Friesen <chris.friesen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 15:58:35 -0600

Hi all,

As I mentioned before I'm digging into some intermittent xfs corruption issues on an embedded system running a 2.6.27-based kernel.

In one case I've hit XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO in xfs_free_ag_extent(). In this particular case the call chain was

xfs_free_ag_extent+0x55d/0x6e0
xfs_free_extent+0xac/0xd0
xfs_bmap_finish+0x156/0x1a0
xfs_itruncate_finish+0x137/0x340
xfs_inactive+0x386/0x4b0
xfs_fs_clear_inode+0xc6/0x120
clear_inode+0x58/0x110
generic_delete_inode+0xff/0x110
generic_drop_inode+0x16d/0x190
iput+0x5d/0x70
do_unlinkat+0x147/0x280
sys_unlinkat+0x1d/0x40

I have two questions:

1) do_unlinkat() has the filesystem path, but iput() returns void. Is there any way for me to add instrumentation to xfs_inactive() to work backwards from the xfs_inode_t pointer to print out a path to the file being deleted?

2) If this sort of corruption happens again, what's my best bet for figuring out the source of the problem? This is an embedded system, so I need to be able to automate any data gathering (after which we'll run xfs_repair so we can return to service--any manual analysis will need to happen later based on stored data).

Thanks,
Chris

--

Chris Friesen