xfs
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: Rambling noise #2: Learning to use the v8 pquota/uquota patchset

To: sekharan@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Rambling noise #2: Learning to use the v8 pquota/uquota patchset
From: "Michael L. Semon" <mlsemon35@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 17:56:48 -0400
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Delivered-to: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=x-received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc :subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=fhrLXR2ZleuEfG93FnnO/JsdILufQapzSr/+rhUJQu8=; b=PxewKoCcbU8jnaQZfrEhODmM9O18MlBgQ1nLTHhLsSLfUHZpHO5DtF5qBynPWRsivg edVuEMv5mLXtAlt7e/zcAqabOp70z/j/BHuXdajMpKl6jzmX6zWdzE8UfdtSlpqKmyRF hqb/RENBkMnggD9e5siv6jeOJvU0FSd4kSl3coFisdoADniFo7uhdO3ts6XNEI6ERUyg DA14H8vze/+Bo9AphriORLxRmPQzoqYdfEpBLzYjGinuUBiIctoRqlxtOxJfQP6ji27F 2cpb2W8WPKEFAal0Jcj7Ko6ZoFYbBJdjbASa5suqWKVhJWM29mdqtGQrrWtucFvCaFKN JudQ==
In-reply-to: <1368650489.10223.5.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
References: <5191FB46.2080300@xxxxxxxxx> <1368650489.10223.5.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130509 Thunderbird/17.0.6
On 05/15/2013 04:41 PM, Chandra Seetharaman wrote:
On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 04:52 -0400, Michael L. Semon wrote:
Hi!  I seem to have no luck in getting v8 of the pquota/uquota patchset
working and have it pass xfstests with flying colors.  Is v8 of the
pquota/gquota patchset sufficient to make the new separate pquota/gquota
bits work?  Or is it an incremental patchset?

Hi Michael,

I will post the user level changes that accompanies these changes.

With those changes you can do a new mkfs and use pquota and gquota
together.

Regards,

Chandra

Excellent!

As for the rest of your issues, I'll have to retest very slowly using your new userspace patches, documenting every step in order. It will also require before/after runs of xfstests.

I do not know what your patches do for filesystems that already had quota on them, so I ask you to check one thing. It looked like the result of the normal `quota` command was having issues. On my root filesystem that was mounted uquota only, the following is the normal behavior (as an ordinary user):

mls:~$ quota
Disk quotas for user mls (uid 3001):
Filesystem blocks quota limit grace files quota limit grace
      /dev/sda1  165955  262144  327680            2345    8194   16384

However, before I switched out kernels here, such a command just left a blank, as if there was no quota there. If you would at that to your list of spot-check tests, that would be great. It might work fine for you. [For the same situation, `xfs_quota -c quota /` worked just fine.]

You're leading a blind man in the dark, so I thank you for your patience.

Michael

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>