Re: Xfs_repair segfaults.

To: Filippo Stenico <filippo.stenico@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Xfs_repair segfaults.
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 09:34:50 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 5/6/13 7:06 AM, Filippo Stenico wrote:
> Hello, I've had an issue on a raid5 volume (2 disks failing at same
> time, and buggy NAS firmware trying hard to sync then stop for I/O
> error then retryes to sync leading (!?) to lost raid and an xfs data
> corruption.

Sooo bad storage hardware, first off \o/  :(

> I've recreated raid, mounted the xfs filesystem, copied about 6TB of
> data out of 8TB, the rest of data being unreachable with "structrure
> needs cleaning" error. Thus I tried to unmount/mount and still got
> same error, then dumped metadata and tried various xfs_repair with
> different options but it always reaches a same point where it always
> segfaults.

OK, what version of xfsprogs?
If not latest usptream, please try that next.

If upstream still segfaults, you could provide a core and associated
binary debug info, or (maybe) an xfs_metadump for analysis.  It sounds
like this fs is in pretty bad shape though, so even the xfs_metadump
might fail and/or not gather enough information.

-Eric