Re: xfsprogs-3.1.11 pre-release please test!

To: Mark Tinguely <tinguely@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsprogs-3.1.11 pre-release please test!
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 16:01:46 -0500
Cc: Rich Johnston <rjohnston@xxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 5/1/13 3:35 PM, Mark Tinguely wrote:
> On 05/01/13 15:12, Rich Johnston wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Here are the changes for this release:
>>
>> xfsprogs-3.1.11 (30 April 2013)
>>
>> - Support for relative paths in xfs_quota thanks to Satoru Takeuchi.
>> - mkfs.xfs will always go into multidisk mode when filesystem
>> geometry is specified on the command line.
>> - Document all commands in xfs_io.
>> - Remove setfl command from xfs_io.
>> - xfs_metadump will obfuscate symlinks by path component.
>> - mkfs.xfs no longer accepts geometry settings smaller than the
>> physical sector size.
>> - xfs_logprint now supports multiply-logged inode fields and
>> handles continued inode transactions correctly.
>> - kill XLOG_SET
>> - Update release scripts to use git archive to address a
>> missing source file reported by Arkadiusz Mi?kiewicz
>> - Fix a build error with -Werror=format-security, reported
>> by Arkadiusz Mi?kiewicz
>> - mkfs.xfs no longer attempts to discard when -N option is used.
>> - Update 'make deb' to use tarball
>> - Sync up with log reservation changes in the kernel.
>> - Fix possible unallocated memory access in fiemap.
>> - Guard against string overflow in path_to_fspath.
>> - Fix setup_cursor array allocation.
>> - Fix free of unintialized pointer in xfs_acl_valid error path.
>> - Guard against path string overflows.
>> - Check strdup results properly in initallfs().
>> - Fix attribute no_change_count logic.
>> - Remove extraneous close() in fsrallfs().
>> - xfs_repair now skips the freelist scan of a corrupt agf
>> when in no-modify mode.
>> - xfs_db now skips freelist scans of corrupt agfs.
>> - Remove unconditional ASSERT(0) in xfs_repair.
>> - Reduce bb_numrecs in bno/cnt btrees when log consumes all agf space.
>> - Add depraction message for xfs_check.
>> - xfs_quota allow user or group names beginning with digits reported by
>> James Carter.
>> - Fix manpages and usage() spelling, errors and omissions.
>>
>> I have placed a pre-release tarball here:
>>
>> ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/cmd_tars/pre-release/xfsprogs-pre-3.1.11-3.tar.gz
>>

>> Please take a look and report any issues before next Wednesday (08 May
>> 2013). If there are other patches which you feel are essential, now is
>> the time to say so.
>>
>> Regards
>> --Rich
>
> The new lines (below) in xfs_check.sh breaks older xfstests:
>
>   xfs_check is deprecated and scheduled for removal in June 2014.
>   Please use xfs_repair -n <dev> instead.

Hum, I thought xfstests stopped calling xfs_check.sh and implemented
its own xfs_check internally:

commit 187bccd310dc253feaebd69df4ccdda21eee12d0
Author: Chandra Seetharaman <sekharan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Apr 18 17:44:02 2013 +0000

    xfstests: Remove dependence of xfs_check script

    Replace the usage of the script xfs_check and add the relevant code to
    xfstests.

-        [ "$XFS_CHECK_PROG" = "" ] && _fatal "xfs_check not found"

where is check getting called directly?

(Or: is your xfstests up to date?)

-Eric