Re: XFS Support in RHEL Server 6.4 x86_64

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS Support in RHEL Server 6.4 x86_64
From: Ric Wheeler <rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:32:12 -0400
On 04/24/2013 11:00 AM, James Braid wrote:

On 24 April 2013 11:48, Michael Weissenbacher <mw@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    But the big question now is: can anybody actually recommend using XFS on
    stock RHEL? It does feel like being just a stepchild there. On the other
    hand there seem be be quite a number of patches that were backported for
    Red Hat's kernel and it does use delaylog by default (which IIRC wasn't
    the default with a stock 2.6.32 Kernel).

It's an addon product and not supported as a root filesystem on RHEL 6:

http://www.redhat.com/products/enterprise-linux-add-ons/file-systems/

A number of the XFS developers are employed by Red Hat...

And it is the only file system in RH Storage (gluster) that we support and quite popular with normal RHEL users as well.

Definitely not ignored in any way.

If you have questions about how to get it, let me know.

Regards,

Ric