Re: Deprecating xfs_check

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Chandra Seetharaman <sekharan@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ben Myers <bpm@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Deprecating xfs_check
From: Troy McCorkell <tdm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 18:01:12 -0500
On 04/11/2013 05:17 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
Hey Chandra,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 04:45:08PM -0500, Chandra Seetharaman wrote:
Hello All,

Alex Elder mentioned about deprecating xfs_check, and he suggested is to
replace xfs_check command with a script, that says xfs_check is
deprecated, use "xfs_repair -n".

Sounds ok ?

Let me know if it is not the right approach.
That sounds ok to me.  You might also consider making xfs_check a hardlink to
xfs_repair and varying the behavior based on program name.  Then xfs_check ==
xfs_repair -n.

Regards,
        Ben