Re: oops from deliberate block trashing (of course!)

To: "Michael L. Semon" <mlsemon35@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: oops from deliberate block trashing (of course!)
From: Ben Myers <bpm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:44:23 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hey Michael,

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 01:18:24AM -0400, Michael L. Semon wrote:
> Hi!  This report was requested by Dave because I was praising
> xfs_repair and didn't fully describe the problem that xfs_repair was
> repairing.  Blame me if this is a bad bug report or a matter of XFS
> just doing its job.
>
> I'm trying to come up with a fair FS-agnostic test to corrupt bytes
> and see how file systems and recovery tools respond after that.

Great bug report!  It's really neat that you're doing this.  ;)

You might be able to find a FS-agnostic fuzzer by doing a search for
'filesystem fuzzer'.  It's not an area that I've explored much myself, so I'm
just throwing that out there.  e.g.
https://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Filesystem_Testing_Tools/mangle.c

Nice work!

Regards,