Re: Announce re-factor all current xfstests patches request

To: Rich Johnston <rjohnston@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Announce re-factor all current xfstests patches request
From: Theodore Ts'o <tytso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:46:06 -0400
Cc: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-ext4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-btrfs <linux-btrfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 08:23:07AM -0500, Rich Johnston wrote:
> All xfstest developers,
>
> Thanks again for all your time in submitting and reviewing patches
> for xfstests.  The latest patchset posted here:
>
> http://oss.sgi.com/archives/xfs/2013-03/msg00467.html
>
> requires all current patches to be re-factored.

Given that we are now segregating patches into subdirectories, is it
correct in the future tests should be named descriptively, instead of
using 3 digit NNN numbers (which has been a major pain from a central
assignment perspective)?

If so, is there a suggested naming convention that is being recommended?

Thanks for getting this change merged in!!

                                        - Ted