Re: mount XFS partition fail after repair when uquota and gquota are use

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mount XFS partition fail after repair when uquota and gquota are used
From: Keith Keller <kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:47:15 -0700
On 2013-03-18, Guillaume Anciaux <guillaume.anciaux@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I wish I could do this but the result of "meta_dump /dev/sdb1" for the
> partition containing 6.9T of data is promising to be quite large. Are
> there special options I should use to extract only the information that
> you would need to investigate my problem ?

The actual output of xfs_metadump should be quite small even for a
multiterabyte filesystem.  In 2011 I did a metadump of an 11TB
filesystem, and the result was a 7GB file.  You might not want to post
that to a mailing list, of course, but it should still be easier to
schlepp around if needed.

--keith

--
kkeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx