Re: Null pointer dereference and following traces on 3.9-rc1

To: Julian Wollrath <jwollrath@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Null pointer dereference and following traces on 3.9-rc1
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:56:00 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 03:49:00PM +0100, Julian Wollrath wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after a xfs_fsr run I found the following in my syslog:

If you can reproduce this, please run an event trace  gathering
the xfs_swap_extent* trace points while xfs_fsr is running so I can
determine if/why the swap extents code is corrupting inodes.

# trace-cmd record -e xfs_swap_extents\* xfs_fsr .....
<crash>
<kill xfs_fsr>
# trace-cmd report > trace_report.txt

Read here for a bit more detail on trace-cmd:

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_What_information_should_I_include_when_reporting_a_problem.3F

Cheers,

Dave.
--