Re: XFS filesystem corruption

To: Julien FERRERO <jferrero06@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS filesystem corruption
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 23:21:00 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Wed, 6 Mar 2013 17:16:31 +0100 vous Ãcriviez:

>  I don't think the H/W RAID is
> the issue since we have the same corruption with other setup without
> H/W RAID.

HW RAID may exacerbate the problem. XFS is absolutely, definitely not
"brutal power off" safe. All linux systems from this century are
perfectly able to turn themselves off properly at a single press of the
power button; the only safe options are educating the users or mounting
the filesystem read-only.

And yes, the ls garbled output is caracteristic of a filesystem
corruption.