Re: [BUG] pvmove corrupting XFS filesystems (was Re: [BUG] Internal erro

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [BUG] pvmove corrupting XFS filesystems (was Re: [BUG] Internal error xfs_dir2_data_reada_verify)
From: Matteo Frigo <athena@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 06:29:58 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, dm-devel@xxxxxxxxxx
Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> All of the evidence points of a problem caused by the pvmove
> operation. I'd suggest that you don't use it until we get to the
> bottom of the problem (i.e. where the EAGAIN is coming from and
> why)....

Dave,

thanks for your quick reply and detailed analysis.

For the benefit of other readers, I wish to add that the same problem
occurs when creating lvm mirrors (e.g. "lvconvert -m1 vg/lvol"), which
is not surprising since pvmove works itself by creating a mirror.
Consequently, mirror creation should also be avoided until the root
cause of the problem is eliminated.

Cheers,
Matteo