inode64 superblock flag is still worth

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: inode64 superblock flag is still worth
From: Carlos Maiolino <cmaiolino@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:27:21 -0300
Hi,

I was looking the "Ideas for XFS" wiki page, and noticed a topic about the
implementation of a flag in superblock to identify the filesystem is using
64-bit inodes. Once we use it by default now, is this idea still worth? I can
work on it, but I don't think this is still worth to be implemented.
If still looks worth, I'd suggest a flag set when 32-bit inodes only is used not
64, but I really dunno how this might be useful for kernel. From a user
perspective, it might help, but `mount` command or mtab already shows inode32
option when it's used.

comments?

Cheers,
--