Re: XFS_DB

To: Anshul Kundra <anshul.kundra@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS_DB
From: Stefan Ring <stefanrin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:27:38 +0100
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:x-received:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id :subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=Zc3Dt789JaggjqXn+7l0gbr65aF8PxolhpHds5vva60=; b=LUxlPKco5lMNjO7Y+cHxuk2uSqr2LwrFbH+F6DILiYlvR41PPA5ORwDi96Et3cuikB Trn5u5LTRdg/7S15Rx/jex3JwXkn6bhC6HAlp7vNI2qNu9VpcrweSZOG3Yk277EQsOsB 88H7TyhqwT3qTWIA5kTALimzPWK64OMFGQLqGQUeHk5A863BgKO0eEIkIlxnSLuiCx6K rxLXzkULqMZDfDdm8F+eKc/ch2ZnA4AJr7P64UO8LjRWLz8RpRlKSETG0QtYYenYEq5y qRfJ3dozFy1HJ0rZRImDfoVSg8nF/ZXqTRb5Yv36PmV2VSx6aHRmNDX0SVswzN62D9r8 WgLw==
> Instead of accessing the device itself can we read the metadump file to get
> the required information of file mapping with file system block number. Its
> binary file but is there any utility which reads the metadump file itself
> instead of file system image. As it is easier to read the metadump file
> instead of go towards  disk access itself. There is file obfuscation in the
> file name for 4 characters

IIRC, a metadump can be "restored" into a sparse file that does not
require much more space than the metadump itself.

> On finding out solution over the OOM I found reference of xfs_db 64  but
> there is no 64 bit version of utility available in xfs website either there
> will be some configuration option or it becomes obsolete.

Are you using Linux? On every 64 bit Linux the XFS binaries are built in 64 bit.