Re: xfsdump segfault

To: Daniel Browning <db@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsdump segfault
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 17:51:11 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:20:46PM -0800, Daniel Browning wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I ran into a segfault while running xfsdump, what should I do
> to find the cause?

xfsrestore segfaulted, not xfsdump.  Can you run xfsdump to dump to
a file, then xfsrestore to restore from the file, rather than piping
one into the other? That way we can determine what went wrong first.
i.e dump failing and restore segfaulting when the pipe was broken,
or restore segfaulting and dump stopping because the pipe was
broken....

Once you've worked out which failed, adding "-v verbose" or "-v
debug" flags to the the command line might give us more indication
of what went wrong.

Cheers,

Dave.
--