Re: XFS appears to cause strange hang with md raid1 on reboot

To: <bpm@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS appears to cause strange hang with md raid1 on reboot
From: "Tom" <storm9c1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:13:54 -0500 (EST)
Cc: <storm9c1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
In a previous message, Ben Myers wrote:

> I took a brief look at your report.  I think a traceback would be
> helpful.
>
> echo t > /proc/sysrq-trigger should do the trick.  You're in the middle
> of unmount so you might need to go serial console to capture the output.
>  Your report metions freeze/thaw.  This is an area where we've had
> deadlocks in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is what you're
> hitting.  We'll have to see.

Hi Ben,

Sure.  If I do a reboot, and let it go through the motions, then I let it
hang for more than 120 seconds, sometimes it displays a traceback on it's
own.  If not, I can trigger it from the serial console (though probably
with break-t instead since this happens at the very end of the shutdown
sequence, so no access to the shell).

I'll have access to the test systems tonight and will get a traceback.
I'll also post what is displayed during the shutdown process right before
the hang.

Thanks again for your help.

-- Tom