Re: Open for contribution towards xfstests for btrfs

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Open for contribution towards xfstests for btrfs
From: Kiran Patil <kirantpatil@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 22:39:20 +0530
Cc: linux-btrfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bo.li.liu@xxxxxxxxxx, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=+QRK7wn0BDJ2LPQd+utuZO6p9jF5cWSYQPb0ZYRtvzI=; b=mM7xZ5hECb0gZO17bdTHVPigEaSUkEEzOHAkK0LXJj4+M8Y9RqUiEaKsQBLAp4KiEj 7Fk4UZnoruz3DEluLL8aWDRXdqwSwG1PbQ4J0SLjBnu7YXFy9y5V1oDEQFVwVc1JgeJK sJFf9g0dKC0JdhU2nN5jNfX/ECh42B++9RWp2aFZhrfO2jcw7rbZfnJTYfDlpuyMQ5hG q3hwLRHCIypJhX5AVPJYpCzMzuqQDFAKM9pvwKMqzwXqR1fweVDBlM+xdFS7+L+SsZon mHfFzIWYmCCmDHpC/uwlw5RrBoYLi5DhFMRiSY3KoYUe2FiTfkLL4Bs6o/BiBGRIONuh iQcg==
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Kiran Patil <kirantpatil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 1/7/13 4:18 AM, Kiran Patil wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> We have a team of 5 students who would like to contribute to btrfs
>>> filesystem testing using xfstests.
>>>
>>> Is there space for them to contribute?
>>>
>>> If yes, to whom do they need to keep in touch for guidance.
>>
>> (cc: xfs list)
>>
>> Are you thinking of writing new tests, or doing more formal testing
>> with the existing testsuite?  Both would be useful.
>>
>> In particular, any time there's a bugfix, a regression test is helpful.
>> Generic new tests of btrfs functionality would be good, too.
>>
>> I would suggest starting with a couple new tests, and cc: the xfs list
>> for review.  In the course of the review you'll get a sense of the various
>> conventions used in xfstests, etc.
>>
>> Simply running xfstests over various btrfs configurations would also
>> be useful, to be sure any regressions caught by existing tests don't go
>> unnoticed.
>>
>> thanks,
>> -Eric
>>
> Dear Eric and David,
>
> Thanks a lot for your inputs.
>
> We will work on them and soon we will start our work.
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Kiran

Sorry, I forgot to say thanks to Liu and Arne.

Thank you Liu and Arne for your suggestions.

-Kiran