Re: Open for contribution towards xfstests for btrfs

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Open for contribution towards xfstests for btrfs
From: Kiran Patil <kirantpatil@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 22:31:19 +0530
Cc: linux-btrfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bo.li.liu@xxxxxxxxxx, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=IUCU/WiYXTw6ZyYTEvUOaxCcZAzzkt+th9jZFfyi1sU=; b=zayOXLJ5+BvAQs1S72c8oJ422OsEipKxCCKC8HVdWz+8kvNJGgVGU96Goi+i73H9eH qDqfu71fmoVi5QlL5D6j/w5y8Oh6lhpls9tTegLMd9y5ZoHumiA5lQHm7eAt1T/595RK yLaIaOmlyhONG3l0u+0h3Eom0JfPYB9eVWp3Ip+T0PnbZ2dW4l76GiODxaPvRL05VdeJ d/iOsFubhTgRuCFeSYlZ1PKqA1Xp/FdPKFJVJhqlomi1a3yokJKzSUWtNsjlzkfs+c7+ F8peZGOexeQVGdhkO7gdujd03/0ysJrQ3d1dlxvELfNvoNOFvxHBHCg/1roz8cjE2zGR LcUQ==
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 1/7/13 4:18 AM, Kiran Patil wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We have a team of 5 students who would like to contribute to btrfs
>> filesystem testing using xfstests.
>>
>> Is there space for them to contribute?
>>
>> If yes, to whom do they need to keep in touch for guidance.
>
> (cc: xfs list)
>
> Are you thinking of writing new tests, or doing more formal testing
> with the existing testsuite?  Both would be useful.
>
> In particular, any time there's a bugfix, a regression test is helpful.
> Generic new tests of btrfs functionality would be good, too.
>
> I would suggest starting with a couple new tests, and cc: the xfs list
> for review.  In the course of the review you'll get a sense of the various
> conventions used in xfstests, etc.
>
> Simply running xfstests over various btrfs configurations would also
> be useful, to be sure any regressions caught by existing tests don't go
> unnoticed.
>
> thanks,
> -Eric

Dear Eric and David,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

We will work on them and soon we will start our work.

Thank you,

-Kiran