Re: [ANNOUNCE] xfsprogs v3.1.9

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] xfsprogs v3.1.9
From: Ben Myers <bpm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:05:27 -0600
Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Guys,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 03:41:05AM -0500, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 06:35:01PM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> > On 12/12/12 4:14 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
> > > Version 3.1.9 of xfsprogs has been released.
> > >
> > > A gzipped-tar archive of the source code is available here:
> > >
> > >     ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/cmd_tars/xfsprogs-3.1.9.tar.gz
> >
> > Can you please recreate that so that it includes a top-level dir in it?
> > currently it unpacks into the CWD.  :(
> >
> > Not sure if others have the same problem.

They do.  Thanks for catching this Eric!

> Regenerating a tarball for an existing release breaks havoc for various
> build systems doing checksumming.  I think we need to simply bump the
> version for the proper packaging.

It has been less than a day so I'm just going to update the tarballs.

> How did this happen?  release.sh should do the right thing by default.

Some of the release.sh scripts generate a tarball and others dont.  I'm using
'git archive' to generate the tarballs now.  Looks like I needed to use
--prefix.  Maybe I'll even get it added to the release.sh script.

-Ben