Re: xfsdump INTERRUPT issue

To: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsdump INTERRUPT issue
From: Jeffrey Ellis <jellis@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 12:39:20 -0500
Anyone?

Or do I have enough to ask the question?

Best,
J.

On Dec 1, 2012, at 11:03 AM, "J. Ellis" <jellis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm trying to prepare a question regarding an xfsdump INTERRUPT error I'm getting, and I'm trying to follow the guidelines for reporting such issues here:

http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_What_information_should_I_include_when_reporting_a_problem.3F

But these last two instructions I'm having a problem finding the information on how to generate:

xfs_info output on the filesystem in question (I tried xfs_info /dev/sdc, but it keeps saying for each drive that it's not a mounted xfs system IIRC)

dmesg output showing all error messages and stack traces

Then you need to describe your workload that is causing the problem, and a demonstration of the bad behavior that is occurring. If it is a performance problem, then 30s - 1 minute samples of:
    1.    iostat -x -d -m 5
    2.    vmstat 5

Do I run this simultaneously while xfstools are working? I'm also not sure what's meant by describe your workload. Can someone step me through this?

Please excuse my n00bness.

Best,
Jeffrey