Re: Oops with to traces on v3.7-rc6

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Oops with to traces on v3.7-rc6
From: Julian Wollrath <jwollrath@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 00:10:01 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > [12859.938035] Pid: 2977, comm: xfs_fsr Tainted: G         C
> > 3.7.0-rc6-wl+ #1 LENOVO 30515YG/30515YG
>                                                            ^^^^^
>
> You have a module loaded that is tagged as "crap". IOWs, your
> using modules from the staging tree. There should be an earlier
> warning in dmesg telling you what it is. Can you reproduce the
> problem without a tainted kernel?
The module from staging is rts_pstor, a driver for my sd-card reader,
which I was not using when I got the traces. Nevertheless, I tried to
reproduce the problem with a not tainted kernel but I was not able to
do so. Furthermore, I was not able to reproduce it with the tainted
kernel either.

Since in the line you cited, comm: xfs_fsr is mentioned, maybe it is
useful to know, that I use version 3.1.7+b1 of xfsprogs out of Debian
Sid.

With best regards,
Julian