Re: creating a new 80 TB XFS

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: creating a new 80 TB XFS
From: Richard Ems <richard.ems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:28:49 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 02/24/2012 04:17 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote:
>> *MKFS*
>> > We also heavily use ACLs for almost all of our files. Christoph Hellwig
>> > suggested in a previous mail to use "-i size=512" on XFS creation, so my
>> > mkfs.xfs would look something like:
>> >
>> > mkfs.xfs -i size=512 -d su=stripe_size,sw=28 -L Backup_2 /dev/sdX1
> Be sure the stripe geometry matches the way the raid controller is
> set up.
>
> You know the size of your acls, so you can probably do some testing
> to find out how well 512-byte inodes keep ACLs in-line.

Hi Eric,

This is a reply to an email from you sent 7 months ago ...

How could I do the testing you were proposing? How can I find out if my
512-byte inodes keep our ACLs in-line?

I am going to create a similar new RAID set, and wanted to check this
before on the one already in production.

Thanks,
Richard

--
Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx