Re: XFS corruption with rsync

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS corruption with rsync
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 21:58:20 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:39:53 -0500 vous écriviez:

> On 9/19/12 8:57 AM, Emmanuel Florac wrote:
> >
> > I'"ve seen this error showing up on the list previously: while
> > rsync'ing a large volume (66 TB copied to a 114 TB filesystem),
> > I've got this error showing up:
>
> I think you trimmed some relevant lines before these, what actual
> error did it hit, there's probably a file & line number?

Nothing else in dmesg but this error repeated many times. I'll check
through the /var/log/messages if there is more information.

> > Rsync logs says that "structure needs cleaning". After running
> > xfs_repair, there's a few files making reference to a free block.
>
> Including the xfs_repair output would be helpful too.

Unfortunately I forgot that all of xfs_repair output is to STDERR, so I
lost it... It said a lot of lines like "data fork in inode XXX claims
free block YYY". However no data was dropped to lost+found, and
apparently all is OK.