Re: Anyone have test cases for SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA?

To: "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Anyone have test cases for SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA?
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:40:39 +1000
Cc: linux-fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-ext4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:04:34PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> Does anyone have test cases for SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA handy?  As near as I
> can tell xfstests doesn't have any tests for SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA
> functionality, and I was hoping someone had some test programs and test
> sets already written.

Perhaps a cc to xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx so the xfstests maintainers see the
question would be a sensible idea?

As it is, there are tests pending check-in that test
seek-data/seek-hole functionality - they were used to verify the
unwritten extent aware XFS implementation that recently went into
the kernel....

Cheers,

Dave.
--