Re: [RFC, PATCH 0/102]: xfs: 3.0.x stable kernel update

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RFC, PATCH 0/102]: xfs: 3.0.x stable kernel update
From: Mark Tinguely <tinguely@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 13:32:47 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 08/23/12 00:01, Dave Chinner wrote:

For all the XFS developers that have copious amounts of free time
available, I'd appreciate an eye run over the patch list to see if
there's any potential bug fixes that I missed or have made glaring
errors in backporting. Some of the fixes are dependent on cleanups I
haven't included, so some of the patches are a bit different to what
is in mainline (e.g. anything that touches setattr). Most important
to look at is probably the inode i_size changes and the logging of
all metadata changes.

I think Brian Foster's log hang patch would be a good candidate:
xfs: check for stale inode before acquiring iflock on push

This hang can happen in Linux 2.6.x version of XFS.

Thanks for the work.

--Mark.