Re: xfs_repair - segemnation fault | git error

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs_repair - segemnation fault | git error
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 12:57:21 +0200
Cc: Velimir Galic <veli.galic@xxxxxxxxx>
Am Freitag, 10. August 2012, 10:23:03 schrieb Velimir Galic:
> a second disk got lost in the raid. The raidsync wasn't finished and
> now i'm fighting 3 weeks or more i don't no any more :-( to repair
> the file system.

How far did the recovery go when it broke? If it was on 10% when the 2nd
disk broke, you can stop to try to get anything. If it was 90% finished,
you might have a chance...

> 4x2GB | RAID 5 | Softraid

This is a 6GB net RAID 5 device? Which devices?

> I tried a lot of different versions of xfs_repair

I hope you got a copy of all disks before you even tried to repair?
Otherwise it might be too late now, when repair wrote something on that
device.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc