Re: XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO error

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO error
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 12:33:24 +0200
Cc: Adam Huffman <adam.huffman@xxxxxxxxx>
Am Montag, 6. August 2012, 10:50:43 schrieb Adam Huffman:
> Is there any way I can find out where this error is occurring i.e. on
> which LVM logical volume?

By trying a manual mount on each fs this server has?

> Can it be fixed or is the filesystem irretrievably corrupted?

Try "xfs_repair -n" to see what it would fix. Try to get the newest
version of xfs_repair first.

If there was "only" a power outage chances are high you'll get it fixed,
but of course if your storage doesn't have BBWC or has disk write caches
on or you mis-used the nobarrier option you might have lost a whole lot
of important in-flight data.
See http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,