Re: wiki spam

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: wiki spam
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:43:33 -0500
Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 10:53:14AM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
>> We're back up to about a 3:1 ratio of spam to content on the wiki.
>>
>> Constantly weeding it out is a poor use of our time... where are we at with
>> this, have we required an account to create pages, at least?
>
> I suspect Russell isn't reading the xfs list to actively any more.
ya I just have time to skim it these days.

> Russell, any chance to disabllow posting for users that don't have an
> account on the wiki?
Well unfortunately I seem to remember doing that a while back. (I'll
check to make sure). I did notice that there are accounts showing up to
just post spam :-(. I have been going in once in a while and looking at
the recent changes page and deleting new pages/changes that are spam.

Maybe I can change it to approved only accounts can make changes.
I'll look into it.

I suppose like anything else nothing is perfect at keeping the spam away.

-Russell