Re: xfs/md filesystem hang on drive pull under IO with 2.6.35.13

To: Benedict Singer <bzsing@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs/md filesystem hang on drive pull under IO with 2.6.35.13
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 00:04:45 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Le Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:17:21 -0700 vous écriviez:

> Is this a bug (seems like a race condition leading to a deadlock?),
> and/or is there something to change in the way the system is set up
> to mitigate or workaround this?

It doesn't really help, but it looks quite similar to my own problem;
the filesystem that broke under load (see my last messages) was running
under 2.6.35.13 when the problem occured and was probably under
significant load at the time of the crash.

So far it may be a good idea to upgrade to something better than
2.6.35.13.