Re: xfs_repair failing.

To: Joe Landman <joe.landman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_repair failing.
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 17:53:05 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Mon, 16 Jul 2012 17:56:59 -0400 vous écriviez:

> Can you update the xfs tools to the current (3.1.8 I think)?  Also,
> which kernel is being used?

I hadn't the latest version at hand, but we tried with a 3.1.4 version
and it failed in exactly the same manner. I tend to suspect an
incomptibility between the 3 TB drives and the RAID controller, but I
can't be sure. Did anyone heard of any such problem?

Apparently only the XFS filesystem fails; another (reiserfs) filesystem
on another partition on the same RAID array didn't suffer from any
problem.