Re: bug? "directory flags set on non-directory inode 2877105"

To: Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz <arekm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: bug? "directory flags set on non-directory inode 2877105"
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 07:23:10 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 05:59:05PM +0200, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On two servers using 3.0.x kernels I've got like 10 mln of "directory flags
> set on non-directory inode xxx" errors when doing xfs_repair. Doesn't look
> like a corruption issue, right?

Can you run a xfs_io stat command on one ofthe files so we can see
what flag is set? i.e.

$ xfs_io -c stat $file

> Was there a bug in 2.6.3x or 3.0.x kernels that could get these flags set in
> such wrong way?

Not that I know of.

> ps. using project quota on both servers/fses

Which makes me think that the project quota inheritance flag has
been recursively set on all files, not just directories. The code
allows that to occur, even though it only has meaning for directory
inodes. If this is the case, then the above warning and removal of
the flag is harmless.

Cheers,

Dave.
--