Re: Repeated XFS corruption on RAID-10 on Adaptec 51245

To: "Christian J. Dietrich" <dietrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Repeated XFS corruption on RAID-10 on Adaptec 51245
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 15:23:11 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Fri, 08 Jun 2012 21:36:58 +0200 vous écriviez:

> Indeed, it seems to be related to the WD HDDs, I am in contact with
> Adaptec support and will dig deeper. A couple of disks have comparably
> high CommandAborts.

I'm afraid there's not much they can do, but let us know if they come
back with any constructive suggestion.

> Probably, I will rebuild the RAID volume using disks with proper TLER
> support and activate TLER.

I suppose you may turn off the system, connect the drives to some PC
and run the TLER tool; after that it should work better without even
rebuilding the array.

good luck,