Re: Repeated XFS corruption on RAID-10 on Adaptec 51245

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Repeated XFS corruption on RAID-10 on Adaptec 51245
From: "Christian J. Dietrich" <dietrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 21:33:57 +0200
Eric,

thanks for your suggestions.

Am 08.06.2012 15:56, schrieb Eric Sandeen:
>> Naive, I would assume that running xfs_repair once would fix all errors.
>> My guess is that the underlying RAID volume (Adaptec 51245 RAID 10) is
>> somehow invalid (although I can not find any indicators confirming
>> this). Any suggestions?
>
> If you suspect a problem with repair, you can try:
>
> # umount /dev/sda
> # xfs_metadump -o /dev/sda - | xfs_mdrestore - filesystem.img
> # xfs_repair filesystem.img
> # xfs_repair filesystem.img
>
> The image shouldn't take too much space, but 12T might take a little while
> to dump.
> If repair doesn't fix everything the first time please let us know.

Thanks, I can confirm that xfs_repair fixes everything on the first run.

> please make sure that you aren't running the old kmod-xfs (or was it
> xfs-kmod?) rpm.

No, I am using the default driver that comes with the distribution.

Thanks again, I consider the problem to be related to the combination of
controller and HDDs (and no longer to xfs) and will dig deeper into that
direction.

Chris

--
Christian J. Dietrich
Institute for Internet Security - if(is)