Re: Repeated XFS corruption on RAID-10 on Adaptec 51245

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Repeated XFS corruption on RAID-10 on Adaptec 51245
From: "Christian J. Dietrich" <dietrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 21:33:57 +0200

thanks for your suggestions.

Am 08.06.2012 15:56, schrieb Eric Sandeen:
>> Naive, I would assume that running xfs_repair once would fix all errors.
>> My guess is that the underlying RAID volume (Adaptec 51245 RAID 10) is
>> somehow invalid (although I can not find any indicators confirming
>> this). Any suggestions?
> If you suspect a problem with repair, you can try:
> # umount /dev/sda
> # xfs_metadump -o /dev/sda - | xfs_mdrestore - filesystem.img
> # xfs_repair filesystem.img
> # xfs_repair filesystem.img
> The image shouldn't take too much space, but 12T might take a little while
> to dump.
> If repair doesn't fix everything the first time please let us know.

Thanks, I can confirm that xfs_repair fixes everything on the first run.

> please make sure that you aren't running the old kmod-xfs (or was it
> xfs-kmod?) rpm.

No, I am using the default driver that comes with the distribution.

Thanks again, I consider the problem to be related to the combination of
controller and HDDs (and no longer to xfs) and will dig deeper into that

Christian J. Dietrich
Institute for Internet Security - if(is)
Westfälische Hochschule University of Applied Sciences