Re: XFS filesystem setfacl has limitation?

To: "yyq@xxxxxxxxx" <yyq@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS filesystem setfacl has limitation?
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 15:42:42 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 10:15:49AM +0800, yyq@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,all,
>     When set files/directories attributes with setfacl on XFS file
> system, we has encountered that ACL items is under the limitation of
> 23. I wonder that if XFS file system has this limitation and if can
> we exceed it?

>From fs/xfs/xfs_acl.h:

#define XFS_ACL_MAX_ENTRIES 25
/* On-disk XFS access control list structure */
struct xfs_acl {
        __be32    acl_cnt;
        struct xfs_acl_entry {
                __be32  ae_tag;
                __be32  ae_id;
                __be16  ae_perm;
        } acl_entry[XFS_ACL_MAX_ENTRIES];
};

It's basically a limitation of the on-disk format definition that
has been carried over from Irix. It is an arbitrary limit - the real
limit is the maximum size of an attribute (64KB) and we plan to
raise it to that limit as part of the upcoming on-disk format
changes for metadata checksums...

Cheers,

Dave.
--