Re: [XFS] xfs_repair time how long it takes??

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XFS] xfs_repair time how long it takes??
From: Ryan Lee <ryanlee.lahk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 00:48:06 +0900
Cc: Brian Candler <B.Candler@xxxxxxxxx>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=pobox.com; h=resent-from :resent-date:resent-message-id:resent-to:mime-version :in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc :content-type; s=sasl; bh=/F8EUcKMwevFBBxYXuxT45nxvro=; b=yEY61r sCeqyPlLKeViwkA0z0YXdrTg3uDa67QtWCC2Qm/gnCIEzAmWpYtSxRqdOkMHhRBz y05A1gc/+BUlE1SURbIahFtyf1et+zNgdklR1dmCZ6YgWQmWWJhVND3uEOl39m7L jbVy0WGCBl3Zp//duApm7LGCtDGmhk8wcN29M=
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=KlJJtj8sYnHH2dBRStiJECaCEMf07eMPoXFhr+m+E6U=; b=foKd9NO1KMWADDL9zv+pf5yNSc41bynHT2RTyWxEeRg5Hd/lAQhkOfVUc4VbUNdC62 CJq65Xxr21WY68aQYIaRpfMJLji++IwuqcPgjNKqpr5Mfuc5GUJeKxF7OLDQAq064veY RBckzaWQKCpxIKB+plPVHd3XIkdhoJqIex+yYQ+mX4hQtRdOqzejczrDER+MtZzwJKh7 Fs9QUbAEK+uBH3Dar65WyAxUx/uEh5CrLnP4N7+t/Q9dnccSzC0kO+iJFkAJNukoZEhR IRWATYgTOxjEtrazHRL1ysghEwyWaHgvXrB2yA/YofXhEBO77T+ORl3i2yD8VtvuRFHP XR9Q==

Hi, all.

Thanks a lot of your kindness for me.
I really realy appreciate it.

I am going to tell you what I have done so far porting  XFS in our system.

First of all, the resources of our system.

CPU : MIPS
KERNEL : 2.6.37-2.6
XFSPROGS : 3.1.7

Second, I did this step.

1. mounting an xfs filesystem after an unclean shutdown on a machine.
As a result i saw this error below.
XFS: xlog_recover_process_data: bad clientid
XFS: log mount/recovery failed: error 5
XFS: log mount failed

2. I patched for this error 1 from internet.

I did aging test by my self.
As a result, after one day overnight, the XFS Filesystem crashed.

3, I look for another solution for 1 problem. eventually I found using xfs_repair to remove dirty log and recover.
But as i mentioned it, it takes time a lot.

You guys told me to use  the "fsck.xfs". but i think it couldn't solve the problem 1 above.

Onething more, I already know about the problem with "xfs_repair", but I cound't find any other good solution to fix it until now.

How can I fix it?
Please help me.

Thanks, Ryan.

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/2/12 8:26 AM, Ryan wrote:

> How about the dirty log. I use the xfs_repair because the dirty log must be removed when i mount HDD.
>
> As you know xfs filesystem doen't repair the dirty log so i couldn't mount the HDD after when i do cold reset during writing the HDD. How i can solve this problem?

If mount fails to replay the dirty log after a power loss, then I would suspect a misconfiguration (maybe mounting -o nobarrier with write caches enabled on the drives?) or a bug in your version of xfs, possibly unique to architecture (what architecture is it, what kernel is it, what xfs "porting" did you do?)

-Eric