Re: Warning from unlock_new_inode

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Warning from unlock_new_inode
From: Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:11:05 +0100
Cc: Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue 28-02-12 03:34:44, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:01:37PM +0100, Jan Kara wrote:
> >   Hello,
> >
> >   while running fsstress on XFS partition with 3.3-rc4 kernel + my freeze
> > fixes (they do not touch anything relevant AFAICT) I've got the following
> > warning:
>
> That's stressing including freezes or without?  Do you have a better
> description of te workload?
  It was:
~/tests/xfstests-dev/ltp/fsstress -d /mnt -n 10000 -p 4

  while doing in parallel
while true; do freeze; sync; unfreeze; sleep 4; done

> Either way it's an odd one, I can't see any obvious way how this would
> happen.
  Yeah, and I never seen it again although I was stressing the filesystem
for quite a long time. So I think we can put this off for now.

                                                                Honza

--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx>
SUSE Labs, CR