Re: mount: Structure needs cleaning

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: mount: Structure needs cleaning
From: MikeJeezy <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 19:11:58 -0800 (PST)

>The only reason for running xfs-repair -L is if you cannot mount the
>filesystem to replay the log. i.e. on a shutdown like this, the
>usual process is:

Right, when I tried to mount the volume it said "Structure needs cleaning"

>You can only find out by looking at what the output of xfs_repair
>told you about trashing inodes/directories.

Is this only output to the screen or to a log somewhere?

> On 02/26/2012 11:07am, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>Are those other VMs using XFS filesystems?

What kernel version are you running?

2.6.18-274.18.1.el5

>Are you using LVM under XFS?

No

>What fstab mount options?

/dev/sdd1               /mnt/ob1               xfs     defaults        0 0
/dev/sde1               /mnt/ob2               xfs     defaults        0 0

>Does your SAN array have battery backed write cache?

This one does not currently, but I have ordered BBWC for it.

>Are the individual drive caches in the underlying array disabled?

Write cache: enabled
Read ahead: enabled