Save options for XFS over ISCSI ~ 17TB (for backup)

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Save options for XFS over ISCSI ~ 17TB (for backup)
From: Denny Schierz <linuxmail@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 09:22:48 +0100
hi,

I want to migrate away from Solaris with ZFS to Linux with XFS (BTRFS is to
young) . At the moment, I have Solaris 10 with ISCSI initiator running and a
zpool with a size round about ~17TB. The ISCSI target  is a Linux Debian with
"tgt" Daemon and connected via SAS (LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008) to
several LSI JBODS (630j).

Every jbod has 12 (2TB) disks and managed by mdadm as a RAID6 device and on top
LVM. I have two ISCSI target servers (one for _cold_ standby) and all servers
has  power connection via UPS and a second direct one.

As I sad, I want to get away from Solaris 10 and know I search for options to
use XFS with save options, in case of emergency (poweroff etc.). We use the
JBODS mostly for backups (bacula) so, performance/realtime isn't imported,
since network is the limit.

Under ZFS I can make sure,  with zpool scrub (file system check), that all data
are completely  written and consistence. But what is the best way under XFS?
Should I remount XFS every month for a file system check (re/mount) ? What
happens in the case, of ISCSI problems?

So, I need just a few suggestions :-)

cu denny