Fatal Error doing make for xfsdump

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fatal Error doing make for xfsdump
From: rlinsurf <jellis@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:46:08 -0800 (PST)
I'm getting the following when I try to make:

FATAL ERROR: attributes.h does not exist.
Install the extended attributes (attr) development package.
Alternatively, run "make install-dev" from the attr source.
make: *** [include/builddefs] Error 1

I can't figure out how to make this not happen. I've tried doing an apt-get
install attr, and that succeeded, and doing the make install-dev from the
attr source, and that succeeded, but the error doesn't go away.

This is ubuntu 10.11. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Best,
Jeffrey