Re: XFS memory recomendation?

To: "michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS memory recomendation?
From: "Assarsson, Emil" <Emil.Assarsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:27:02 +0100
Accept-language: en-US, sv-SE
Acceptlanguage: en-US, sv-SE
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks for the answer Dave and Michael.

As you might realize, I have no knowledge if the internal works of
XFS :-P

My problem is that the file system sometimes seems to be a bit laggy
when listing directories and so on. I really don't know how to deal with
it. I guess more memory always will help but where should I put the
limit?

Can it be a solution (ugly) to warm up the cache by making a complete
"find" on the file system sending output to /dev/null? but then again it
would probably be a stupid way to use precious memory for something that
isn't used that often.

--
Emil