Re: [patch 00/12] log grant code cleanups

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch 00/12] log grant code cleanups
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 17:16:37 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 09:13:47AM -0500, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> This series removes the opportunistic log space wakeups which had no
> use but hiding real races for far too long, and applies various bits
> of refactoring to the log grant code to make it smaller and more readable.

Christoph, I was just going over this series again so I could add a
reviewed-by tag to it to get it moving for 3.3. Everything looks
just fine except for one thing - the issue raised and potential
solution described here:

You said you were going to look at adding this fix to the series,
but I don't see it in this patch set.

I agree that the patch set as it stands does not introduce a new
race condition (i.e. this is a pre-existing condition), but I was
wondering if you'd updated more recently to add a fix for this
problem before I gave a reviewed-by on it.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner