Re: File system remain unresponsive until the system is rebooted.

To: stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: File system remain unresponsive until the system is rebooted.
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:08:59 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Tue, 31 Jan 2012 03:04:18 -0600
Stan Hoeppner <stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> I'd have never thought I would see those words on this list, except
> maybe as a joke, or as an example of one of the the worst possible
> platforms for XFS.

Oh come on, be nice for once :) People are constantly brainwashed about
how "cloud computing" will solve financial crisis and world hunger,
and didn't you notice that Amazon now sells an over-the-top storage
platform that'll cover everyone needs real soon now? If you believe
their marketing, of course. Don't forget to check:
http://aws.amazon.com/storagegateway/

> I wish EC2 had been asked about during the QA session after Dave's
> presentation.  I'm guessing some laughter would have been involved. ;)

Is there a filesystem that's really suitable for EC2? What about
workloads? my impression is that EC2 is fine for whatever doesn't need
any QoS. Prototyping, for instance.