Re: Placing the root partition on an XFS filesystem is not supported

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Placing the root partition on an XFS filesystem is not supported
From: Marcos Mello <marcosfrm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:19:39 +0000 (UTC)

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=anaconda.git;a=commit;h=b3e19d43840f6c4015fab75411853003fcf26a63

> > Does someone knows why? I'm trying to get rid of EXT* partitions on my new
> > CentOS 6.2 installs but apparently it will not be possible.
>
> I'm unsure what this Fedora commit is all about, but in the general
> Linux case you can put root on XFS, with a minor caveat.  See:
>
> http://www.xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_Can_XFS_be_used_for_a_root_filesystem.3F

Yeah, some time ago I run XFS as my / on Arch. But Anaconda doesn't allow it
now. So we're still forced to have an EXT partition for the root filesystem in
the Red Hat land.

Found this
http://pastebin.com/gHqGGkSp

Marcos