Re: Dave's presentation at Linux.Conf.Au 2012

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dave's presentation at Linux.Conf.Au 2012
From: Stan Hoeppner <stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 04:14:57 -0600
Cc: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 1/29/2012 6:47 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:
>> Am Sonntag, 29. Januar 2012 schrieb Stan Hoeppner:

>>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA0NzM
>>> (I don't care for the Phoronix title or summary)

> I can't say that I like the way Phoronix presented it, either, but
> that's Phoronix for you.

Phoronix just happened to be the first/only place I'd found the video.
I'd have preferred a different option for linking.  Someone posted it on
the Dovecot list.

Phoronix is apparently geared toward the "power desktop" user.
Interestingly, their last (if not all) Linux filesystem test was
performed on an Intel Core 2 Duo laptop with 4GB RAM and a single SATA
disk.  Obviously an optimal real world platform for demonstrating XFS'
"large and lots" strengths/advantages.  /laughs

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_2639_fs&num=1

--
Stan