Re: Dave's presentation at Linux.Conf.Au 2012

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, stan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Dave's presentation at Linux.Conf.Au 2012
From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 08:38:52 +0100
Am Sonntag, 29. Januar 2012 schrieb Stan Hoeppner:
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA0NzM
> (I don't care for the Phoronix title or summary)
>
> I really enjoyed your presentation Dave.  It's also nice to finally put
> a face and voice to a name.

Yes, I enjoyed it as well, although I mainly read the LWN summary about it
without watching it completely yet.

Since then I wonder whether it might be good to replace the Ext4 for /home
on the Intel SSD 320 in my ThinkPad T520 with Intel i5 Dualcore (+ HT) by
XFS again. I didn´t use XFS initially specifically due to the lower
metadata performance and due to that to my knowledge only Ext4 implements
the rename-case workaround for delayed allocation.

I will put various informations and a link to the lwn.net article
regarding his presentation [1] - which I prefer over the Phoronix article
the headline of the later appears lurid to me, well that appears to be
Michael´s style, maybe he thinks he attracts more visitors this way - into
my Linux performance analysis & tuning training.

[1] XFS: the filesystem of the future?, https://lwn.net/Articles/476263/
(if not subscribed you need to wait till February 2, 2012)

Ciao,