Re: log recovery fails at mount

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: log recovery fails at mount
From: John Valdes <valdes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:34:24 -0600
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 05:03:31PM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 1/24/12 4:58 PM, John Valdes wrote:
>
> > [...] if I loopback mount the img file, the file/directory names in
> > the mounted fs are mostly corrupted;
>
> that's because metadump obfuscates filenames by default.  There's an option
> to keep them in the clear, and then you won't see all that garbage.

Ah, OK.  A bit unexpected, but if I repeat the process using the '-o'
option w/ xfs_metadump, the loopback mounted fs now looks as expected:

  prompt# ls -F /mnt
  backup/  data/  pvfs2-server.log  pvfs2-server.log.0 pvfs2-server.log-crashed

I'll run xfs_repair -L on the real filesystem now.

Many thanks for the help!

John