Re: Why does xfsdump encounter "WARNING: could not get list of non-root

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Why does xfsdump encounter "WARNING: could not get list of non-root attributes for nondir ino nnnn: Cannot allocate memory (12)"?
From: Michael Lueck <mlueck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 22:24:52 -0500
Dave Chinner wrote:
Memory is less fragmented, hence more likely to have a order-5
allocation succeed. Try the patch below, and see if that helps.

More I was feeling a bit guilty that I was bouncing the machines to have the backup work
without error... as "Linux Administrators NEVER reboot their boxes!"

I have a few too many things in the test tubes at the moment to take on custom
patching a kernel build.

So, do these mean that there is anything wrong with the backup being made? Is
the final SUCCESS return code in error?

Thank you for providing an explanation and patch.

Sincerely,

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems