Re: quota mismatch for NFS mount of XFS filesystem

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: quota mismatch for NFS mount of XFS filesystem
From: Liam Forbes <loforbes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 14:49:24 -0900
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That looks like a 32bit variable overflow. In 512 byte blocks
> (sectors), 2^32 sectors overflows at 2T. And 5.8T ~= 2T + 2T + 1.8T.
>
> This is most likely to be an NFS issue - I'm not familiar with the
> Linux NFS quota protocol implementation, so I can't really say much
> more than that.

Additional ad hoc testing seems to bear this out.  Thanks!  I'll take
the problem to Red Hat.

--
Regards,
-liam

-There are uncountably more irrational fears than rational ones. -P. Dolan
Liam Forbes       HPC Systems Analyst,      HPC&S Group Leader,      CISSP
ARSC, U of AK, Fairbanks   lforbes@xxxxxxxx 907-450-8618 fax: 907-450-8605