Re: xfs_repair fails with corrupt dinode 17491441757, extent total = 1,

To: Arkadiusz Mi??kiewicz <arekm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_repair fails with corrupt dinode 17491441757, extent total = 1, nblocks = 0. This is a bug.
From: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 06:48:50 -0400
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 11:40:46AM +0100, Arkadiusz Mi??kiewicz wrote:
> This serwer has 16 various SATA disk connected to art-of-crap controller -
> Promise SuperTrak EX16350.
>
> The system exhibits funny issues with intel_idle driver
> (https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/10/28/270).
>
> It has only 8GB of ram which xfs_repair eats for breakfast causing watchdog
> reboot machine while xfs_repair was in progress (would be nice if repair
> could
> estimate needed ram before it is too late).

Yes.  So far most of the issues are with the internal buffercache and I
suspect we could do better sizing decisions there.  If you can provide
some testing (xfs_repair -n should be enough) I'll happily send you
some RFC patches as soon as I get time for it.

In the meantime is there any chance you could send the output of

        xfs_repair -n -vv -m 1

for this filesystem?